Modern children's PDF sewing patterns for quick & easy downloading. We'll get you sewing super fast.
Follow Pattern and Cloth on Pinterest
Why choose a PDF pattern?
+ You can reprint the same pattern in a new size as your child grows.
+ Use one pattern for multiple children, just print in the sizes you require
+ Cut out the drama of sewing pattern shopping with little ones
+ A lot easier to work with than tissue patterns
+ Download instantly & start sewing today
+ Easy to follow instructions & email support
Mens shirt to girls skirt, in 2 hours or less
- This skirt was made for a 9yr old from a size XL mens soft cotton shirt. You can see the finished length on my instagram account.
- Work out the length you want the finished skirt to be. Take this measurement & add 9.75cm (Adjust this amount if you have a different width elastic, than what's stated). Cut shirt across chest horizontally at the combined measurement.
- Finish cut edge of bottom half of shirt with overlocker/serger, fold finished edge under 0.5cm & press. Fold to wrong side along 'fold line (top of skirt)' & press. Measure the length of elastic you'll need on your child's waist. Join ends to form loop & stitch. Sew along each stitch line as shown, encasing the looped elastic as you go. Remove pocket & button from shirt, & reattach to skirt.
- Optional: Add belt loops, cut & created from sleeves. Make belt from remaining upper back piece on shirt. Reposition buttons where necessary.
Keep me in the loop!
We won't bombard you with emails. We'll keep the inspiration flowing your way as there's something new to update you on.
All of our sewing patterns have this symbol throughout the instructions on pages where the information is also duplicated on our website. You can choose to save a page & reference information online.
Simple Baby Bib
Available to download in one size, suitable for newborns to 1 year old. Get the new updated version for FREE now.
Recent blog Posts...
New Clothing Store online!
What's a PDF sewing pattern?
It's just like the traditional paper sewing patterns you buy at the store, except instead of buying a paper pattern, you're buying the pattern saved as a PDF file ready for you to print at home straight away.
What are the benefits of buying a PDF pattern over an old school paper pattern?
- Once you've purchased your pattern & clicked the link to download it to your computer. The pattern is yours forever. You can re-print the pattern as your child grows.
- You can print your pattern within minutes of buying, to get you sewing super quick.
- Easy to glue/sticky tape your pattern together & cut out.