Who do we think we are?
I love sewing. Plain & simple. And I love it for so many reasons.
There’s the satisfaction of making something yourself. Seeing your creation. The ability to make it just so – just how you wanted it, with all your favourite details. The choice of your own fabrics, buttons, thread, as well as the right weight & texture.
Now that I have my own kids, there’s a practical element of sewing that I love too.
I can dress my kids in clothes that look & feel great. They feel confident in what they wear - free to run, skip & play (barely stopping to accept the regular compliments on their outfits).
Most importantly, what they wear doesn’t need to cost the earth – in price or its effect on the environment. Sewing is a kind of slow fashion – it’s infinitely more sustainable than buying a factory-made garment – & it’s good for the soul.
It’s a win for us & a win for our planet.
Our sewing patterns deliver
- Modern children's styles (sizes newborn to 12 yrs - girls only at the moment)
- Super easy to download & print PDF patterns
- Instructions with visual diagrams for easy following
- Metric & imperial measurements for your global sewing pleasure
- Support is just an email away
The feel good factor
- Let your imagination run wild & pull together your own unique garment
- Easy to make, sustainable fabric choices
- Your garment will be ethically made
- You'll join the fashion revolution & become part of a force for change
- Encourage your children to pick colours, styles & fabrics – letting them explore their creativity as well as their independence
- Teach your children how quality products are made, & instil a sense of gratitude for material goods and our beautiful world
- Delight in the fact that your child will be forever indebted to you for making them the most impressive garment and will promise to eat brussel sprouts for all of eternity!
Download. Print. Sew. Enjoy!
I LOVE Natural Fibres
I encourage you to create all your quality handmade children's clothing with the best fabric you can afford. My preference is always natural fabrics above synthetics (except for the odd tutu of course). Most of the garments photographed throughout my website are sewn in natural fibre fabrics.... they just look & feel better. The way the fibre is harvested & produced into fabric is often much kinder to the environment, too. Here is an extensive list of natural fibres available.
Patterns for all Measurements
Whether you're in New Zealand or Nebraska, my patterns are in both metric & imperial measurements to suit all worldly sewers. The printing of my patterns is easy too. All set up to print on US Letter & A4 size paper from your home printer.