PDF Sewing Pattern Testers Wanted!
Sweet baby girl, this versatile pattern will be perfect for spring & see her right through to autumn. You could even make the romper for summer, & then trim across the top of the leg openings & hem to make a top to be worn over a long sleeve merino for the cooler months.
Gathered front & back bodices, sewn into yokes. Elasticated leg openings for romper version.
Newborn to 2 years (you'll receive all sizes)
Main Fabric: Lightweight woven fabrics like organic cotton, linen, rayon, Tana Lawn, light corduroy, chambray, light denim, Japanese lawn, cotton drill or knit fabrics (suggest using fusing on yokes if using knit fabric).
Lining: Lining fabric has not been specified in this pattern. However the inside front & back yoke pieces look lovely in a contrasting or matching fabric to your main fabric choice.
4 x snap domes/poppers (2 x for top version of pattern). You could substitute this for velcro if you wanted.
Thread in the colour of your choice. Bias binding in fabric of your choice or bought bias binding.
Fabric & Notion Lengths
115cm(45in): NB-12mths 80cm (32in),
12mths-2yrs 90cm (36in).
150cm (60in): NB-12mths 60cm (24in),
12mths-2yrs 70cm (28in).
Bias Binding 18mm (11/16in): NB-12mths 25cm (10in), 12mths-2yrs 30cm (12in).
What's required to test a pattern?
- Once you've sewn up the baby romper/top, you'll need to fill out the feedback form & return to me within 10 days of receiving your pattern.
- You'll need access to a model in the size you intend to make the garment in.
- Some sewing knowledge.
- Access to a digital camera/smart phone to take photos of any fit issues.
- Supply 2-3 photos of the finished garment.
- Still keen? Fill out the form at the bottom left of this page.
- I'll gather all of the names & work out how many people I've got wanting to sew each size & I'll be in touch on Friday 1 June 2018 (NZ time).
I'll work on a first in first serve basis!
What's in it for me?
- Post feedback, once all the updates have been amended to the pattern. You'll receive the finished pattern & instructions via email link.
- I'll post on my website & social media my favourite dresses & link to your social media platforms (if you'd like me to).
- I'll be eternally grateful for your kindness in helping me out
Keen to get testing?
Is your sewing machine chomping at the bit? Are you eager at the thought of sewing a new garment? Okay, I'm taking it too far now.... I'm excited! Fill out this form & I'll be in touch!